Worcester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a 24i RSF, about 8 years old I think. The problem is that for both hot water and heating demand, the system seems to go through the correct sequence until actual Ignition. I get sparking at the electrodes but no ignition.

I have semi-ruled out the gas valve as this was only replaced last year.

I'm not sure if a faulty pump would cause this, or would we not even get to the sparking stage if the pump were not running?

How do I check the pump is running?
any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the pump will not run when you create a dhw demand :!:

how can you rule out the gasvalve without even testing it :?:

you need to get a rgi to check the minimum and maximum gas pressures ;)

Thanks guys,

Ok, so not a pump problem.

Gaspro, my dad is a (retired)gas engineer, but is on holiday for another week. Like I say, the GV was only replaced last year so I was kinda fishing for any other possible faults.

I've checked the APS, Flow Switch, Fan and all connections. thermistors seem sound (tested the resistance).

I am thinking it's now a gas problem, so out of my league really. Do you think the GV is now the prime candidate, or could it be that the burner itself is clogged and needs a service?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it could be a partially blocked/dirty burner or injector :!:

i would reckon tho it will be a problem with settings of the gas pressures i have had this crop up numerous times with this model of boiler

if competent and can work safely check for 35v dc at both of the the solenoid coils on the gas valve when sparking commences at the spark electrodes :idea:

Ok, Gaspro.

I've done the GV checks and it's getting volatge. So, what I did was (following the instuction manual) take out the burner and give it a clean, checked the injector wasn't blocked and then repaced.

Tried a hot water demand and great it fired up. Same for central heating.

So, I turned the heating off as I didn't need it at that point and had a brew feeling chuffed with meself. About an hour later, went for how water- nothing.

The over-heat stat had tripped. So I reset it and everything is fine again- so far.

Why would the overheat stat trip though if there's no heating or water demand?

Cheers bud, you really have been helpful!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back