worcester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could somone point me in the right direction for an installation guide for a worcester 24i rsf boiler as i hve lost mine and our gas engineer has asked for them . I have the usewr guide and the tech spec guide but just wanted the fitting instructions guide

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Any competent engineer will know how to get them from Worcester and many already have CDs with these instructions on them.

I am suspicious as you seem to be wanting installation instructions for a non-current and non-condensing boiler. Only condensing boilers can normally be fitted after April 2005 and there are considerable questions about fitting second hand boilers.

Tony

no need to be suspisious we have had a bit of trouble with our boiler first of all we had a crogi engineer around who wrongly said it was the pcb and charged us £200 for fitting it but when i rung him back he will not answer call or return the calls ( i want to rport him to somone but dont know which authority to use) but now we have found a good engineer who has said that he is 99% sure its the gas valve but asked if we had the fitting instructions ( he spent about 1 hr testing the pcb with a multi meter for the sequence or somthing) for the boiler that all . The boiler was fitted 5 years ago buy our trusted engineer but he has since moved to abroad

the info is not on the website. fault finding guide.

best bet is get him to ring worcester technical

Sponsored Links
You may have been better off explaining the problem you are getting,

ok the flame only lights somtimes so we now have our heating on constant at the moment because if we switch it off it may not come back on

Any advice?...I cannot work out why twice in last week, my red ignition alarm has been flashing and the water pressure is very low....don't appear to have leaks on pipes of water coming out of the PR valve...also the HW sometimes runs through cold for about 5 seconds after being warm for 4 or 5 minutes previously.

any ideas welcomed.

as for your pressure gauge..if no evidence of leaks just keep topping it up untill u get to the root of the problem. wont work at all if no pressure in the system.

As for hot water..they are a shared heat ex so have a flow switch on the left hand side as u look in.maybe its going faulty and switching burner off. But without looking at it hard to make a proper guess ya know.

:confused:

alexavery said:
Any advice?...I cannot work out why twice in last week, my red ignition alarm has been flashing and the water pressure is very low....don't appear to have leaks on pipes of water coming out of the PR valve...also the HW sometimes runs through cold for about 5 seconds after being warm for 4 or 5 minutes previously.

any ideas welcomed.

I've got one.

Start your own thread.

many thanks again he came this morning and has fixed it now and his diagnosis was spot on i guess the gas valve was faulty he said that there are diaphrams in there that fail from time to time , the water is absolutely boiling now , never was before just gutted that i paid for a new pcb fitted when the old one was fine but i suppose i got a spare now did a full gas service for £60 to im guessing this is around the going rate

scatmanjohn said:
alexavery said:

any ideas welcomed.

I've got one.

Start your own thread.

i don't mind him hijacking the thread tbh the guy is only looking for a little bit of advice , its not nice having no heat or water i know and all of the experienced corgi guys are fully booked this time of year and the biggest worry is cost

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back