worcester 28 cdi rsf problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello , i have a problem with my worcester 28 cdi rsf boiler as follows ;

About 3 months ago i noticed that when using the hot water for shower or to fill bath the rads were getting very slightly warm , the controls on the boiler were set to hot water only , this as been getting worse over the last few weeks and now the rads are boiling hot when we use any hot tap in the house , the boiler works fine for the heating when it is switched on and the pressure guage is normal ( set at 1.5 when cold ) i had this boiler fitted about 8 years ago and have had no problems until now .
I can not get hold of the guy that fitted the boiler as he has moved away , so i rang someone from the local paper and he came and had a look and said that it could well be the divert valve is clogged up and needs cleaning or replacing and that it is a very difficult job to do on this model of boiler and that because of the age of the boiler i should consider fitting a new boiler . Can this be right is it really that bad to try and repair the part , as i said i have had no problems with it until now and it seems silly to have to replace it for the sake of a repair . the quote was £ 550 to repair or
£ 1600 to fit a new version of the same boiler , would this be about right , i live in enfield nr london thanks in advance for any help .

Phil

Sponsored Links
Phone worcester they do a fixed price repair including parts for around £200......£550 IS TAKING THE PI5S

worcester will be cheaper than £550 anyway.

Sponsored Links
Glasgow .... yeah i read that he must have a lot of trouble with his nuts being tight :eek: :eek:

bg fixed price repair is even cheaper. its either a very easy job or an utter beast.

Thanks for your advise guys , i gave worcester a call and they are sending an engineer on tuesday to have a look and it will cost about
£300 inc vat if it is the valve .

Phil

Tony would charge £549.00 all in fixed price repair.

you get a discount if he gets a cup of tea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back