Worcester 28 cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a problem with the Worcester 28 cdi combi - poss ignition lock out due to a fault with the gas valve? The pressure was at 0.7 and have adjusted higher to 1.1, the fan comes on and ignition process begins. No ignition after 10 seconds and boiler shuts down with red central heating light flashing slowly. Money to tight to mention, keen DIYers, is this an expensive job and suitable for mechanically minded please?

Sponsored Links
Hi Thanks for the reply. Checked gas supply. pipework ok and gas cooker ok. Guess it may be the regulator valve or something. May have to bite the bullit and go for all in one off repair with British Gas or Worcester. Have to admit not had the boiler serviced for long time and it is 9 yrs old. Understand these may be prone to this valve and possibly PCB developing similar fault.
Don't mind tackling electrical or mechanical but the gas bit is too daunting & prob illegal to touch for us.

Sponsored Links
It might just need a service, ot it could be the pcb or gas valve. Dearest is PCB. Depends where you are I think but on my manor I could fit a new pcb for less than BG fixed price repair cost.
Furgling with gas valves isn't a diy job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back