worcester 280 rsf heating shutdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a problem here.when i switch the heating on its shutting down after about 10mins and theboiler sounds like its still running.if i move the switch under the diverter valve manually it seems to stay on.ive done all the troubleshooting in the book and it says its a diverter valve fault but i just want to be sure before i buy one also are they difficult to change can anyone help thanks

Sponsored Links
Do all the radiators get hot top and bottom? What temperature is the boiler set for? Is the pump working properly?

It does sound like your diverter valve has gone if you drop the front panel down and look at the diverter valve you will see a slot with A and B marked on it and an indicator, if you have someone run a hot tap the indicator will not move then shut off the hot tap and select heating the indicator should move if not then %95 chance its the valve thats faulty,never had a faulty board on a 280 but had dozens of valves (work on worcesters all the time ).Not an expensive or dificult job unless rust is visable below the valve if so it will take some getting off.

You can change the syncrhon motor in the diverter valve m8.
I believe its an ACL diverter valve, however, there is a screw on top that is awkward to get to, so, with a bit of force, the head of the diverter valve can be removed (light grey plastic cover) Or you can use an offset screwdriver.
If you get an ACL sychron motor for about a tenner, these connect straight onto the PCB inside the diverter valve.

Et Voila, £75 saved.

Sponsored Links
hi i have same problem i go under neath and theres a lack lever hanging down i pish it up and move valve manualy heating then works so u can get motor seperate

You can change the syncrhon motor in the diverter valve m8.
I believe its an ACL diverter valve, however, there is a screw on top that is awkward to get to, so, with a bit of force, the head of the diverter valve can be removed (light grey plastic cover) Or you can use an offset screwdriver.
If you get an ACL sychron motor for about a tenner, these connect straight onto the PCB inside the diverter valve.

Et Voila, £75 saved.

where can i get the motor from is it 12 volts or 240 volts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back