Worcester 28cdi + Drayton +rf wireless Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm hoping you can solve my wiring problem. Just bought a Drayton +2RF wireless Thermostat which I am trying to fit to my existing Worcester 28cdi combi boiler.
The bolier was original fitted with a 24hr clock/timer, on/auto/off with three wires which i have now disconnected from the boiler. I have tried to wire the new wireless thermostat to the instructions. The wireless controller is connecting to the receiver, the red light flashes saying they are communicating & the boiler fires up. However, I find when I no longer need to heat the room up, by switching the controller completely off, the pump continues to run on, & heating as required ( with the old clock/timer, the pump ran on , but then it stops completely) I have turned off the freeze protection in the clock
The boiler has four connections NS / LS / LR / Spare
The wireless unit has N L 1(common) 2(heating satisfied or call for cooling) 3(Call for heat)
I have wired it as follows: N to Neutral (switched 3A)
L to Live (switched 3A)
1 loops 2
2 loops 3
1 to LR
3 to LS
Firstly I need to know if I have wired this correctly
Secondly do I need to wire up the original 24hr clock to switch off the pump completely and if so, how?
hope this makes sense
Thanks

Sponsored Links
you have connected the LS and LR terminals wrong, C in the drayton to LS on boiler strip and 3 in the drayton to LR, the original programmer does not have to be connected and the stat should work ok.

I've changed over the wires, so now 1(common) is going to LS on the boiler & 3 is going to LR on the boiler. This has made no difference, When I totally turn off the room thermostat, the Boiler continues to run & still heating up. The only way I can switch the boiler off, is to turn down the water Temp on the boiler dial.
The wireless receiver, 1, 2 & 3 are all connected via loops, do I need to disconnect any off these for it to work properly?
As an experiment, I connected up the old 24hr clock back to the boiler along with the new wireless unit. I was able to use the auto/on/off switch to toatlly turn off the boiler.This was wired as follows:

From the old Clock
White to NS
Brown to LS
Grey to Spare

From The wireless Unit
3 to Spare
1 to LR

This way, i could use the old clock to switch off

Thanks[/b]

sorry meant to ask about the loops, you only need 4 connection from the boiler to the reciever, take off the loops, what did you think they were doing?

Sponsored Links
You deserve a beer on me LOL ......... Loops removed, Problem Solved, now fully working.
No idea what I was thinking, Maybe it's Old age, but the diagram that came with it, clearly shows as loops!!!!!!!! Maybe I misread the diagram, but I'm usually good with diagrams, hummmph
Thank you very much for your help, and so quick too, now I can get the heating on............... brrrrrrrrrr
:D :D :D

hi mad biker chap.
You've deffo read the diagram wrong. your loops are simply a standard symbol for a single pole switch which is contained within the receiver. I have fitted this stat to my worcester 28cdi. I have piggy backed the 230v inputs off the boilers mains connector just to the left of the stat connector as the boiler runs off a switched 3A fused spur.

I assume this is the norm if not somebody please let me know!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back