Worcester 28CDi increasing pressure

ICF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: The system pressure is increasing on Worcester 28CDi RSF boiler :confused: .I have done a bit of research on this site and think I know what it is a faulty water to water heat exchanger.
:?: Could it be anything else before I buy one at £85 :?: How easy is it to fit?

Many thanks Ian

Sponsored Links
just a thought.

Is it a combi?

if so have you left the filling loop in place?

No the filling loop is a plastic tap with two o rings that you insert.It's definitely out and on my kitchen work surface.

Yes it is a combi

Just had a chat with friend of a friend who's a plumber and he said all it can be is the water to water heat exchanger.
:D Can get a new one off the net for £85 and he said he can fit it for £40 :D

Sponsored Links
origonal poster said he can get a brand new one for £85, so no saving there then, but fitting it for £40 in Scotalnd that i would like to see

I think he is doing me a favour ;) cash in hand ;) does that not happen in Scotland? :D It does here in Lancashire :D

breezer said:-
origonal poster said he can get a brand new one for £85,

I am the original poster

It happens down my way too. And you won't need 85 quid of it for me to get you a dhwhe for a 28cdi. I've got one here... somewhere. My email is in my profile.

:D Got one for £56 :D

:confused: This may seem like a daft question but do I need to drain down the central heating system to change the water to water heat exchanger? :confused:

Many thanks Ian

No.
Isolate the boiler using the valves underneath it, then drain just the boiler with the built-in drainoff.

:D Got it all fixed :D

£40 for labour £56 for the part.

We are all :oops: warm :oops: again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back