Worcester 28CDi problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could someone please give me advise to the problem im experiencing with this boiler?
When there is a demand for DHW the boiler ignites (sometimes) but then a drastic rise and decrease in pressure until flame light goes out, sometimes the pressure drops and then reignites only to repeat the process again. Sometimes the DHW is fine, but definetly getting worse. I have consulted a heating Engineer who thinks the heat exchanger pipes are blocked and suggests buying a new boiler? I arrived home this morning to find both CH and DHW lights flashing, i reset and CH is working OKish but same problem exists with DHW? Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Not a WB expert at all, but I would check, in this order, Pump, Diverter Valve, then water to water HE.

You could also check the expansion vessel pressure as well.

mike65";p="1106168 said:
heating Engineer who thinks the heat exchanger pipes are blocked and suggests buying a new boiler? quote]

The heat exchager if blocked on this boiler takes no more that 30mins to change....

Get worcester out on a fixed price repair! £200ish!

Sponsored Links
2 flashing lights means boiler has went overheat.
You have a sticking pump.

or a blockage in heatex or above pump.

more likely if its open vented.

He said sometimes the hot water works fine so cannot be a blockage within boiler.

what is: ok-ish central heating?
ignore the chap who advised buying a new boiler; to get the same quality you will pay around 2 grand and your is not that old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back