Worcester 28i Junior Combi - luke warm water/high pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have recently moved and my new property has the above-mentioned combi boiler fitted.

I have two issues with it:

1) If I have my central heating on, hot water is intermittent. I tried running a bath this morning and gave it up as a bad job - the water just wasn't warm enough. I even tried running the hot tap very slowly to give the boiler chance to heat the water, but no joy.

2) The water pressure fluctuates - quite often over 3 bar. This worries me.

Does anyone have any experience of this boiler? Are these problems common? Is there anything obvious I can do to improve the performance of it?

Thanks a lot.

Mr Matty

Sponsored Links
Start with checking the expansion vessel charge as described in faq

Thanks for the response, bengasman.

Are you referring to ChrisR's post named "2) REPRESSURISING THE PRESSURE VESSEL"?

If so, I will follow thoise instructions. Is this likely to resolve the heat problem as well?

Thanks,

Mr Matty

Chris's post sounds like the one.
Probably won't solve the other problem.
Does your model have a secondary heatexchanger? If so, your system needs cleaning, common problem with these.

Sponsored Links
Hello bengasman,

Not entirely sure, but I believe there's only one heat exchanger on this model.

If there is two, how would I go about getting it cleaned?

One other thing to note is that house was empty for a number of months prior to me buying it, which could be the cause of the issues I've described.

Thanks,

Mr_Matty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back