Worcester 28i Junior

C

catmando

Just had new central heating system fitted yesterday, 7 new rads & worcester 28i junior with wireless thermostat.

This morning the heating did not come on at the designated time and the red fault light was flashing, I reset it to no avail. I then check the pressure gauge and it was down to zero!

I turned the screw to fill it to 1.5 as I had been shown and then it was okay.

Does anyone know why this happened? Will I have to do this regularly?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
by the way if it is relevant, I was told to leave the white plastic key in for the moment (filing loop?) because the part is faulty and when it is removed water comes out, my installer is apparently getting Worcester to come and change it.

There can be air going roound a new system for a day or so unitl it comes out (automatically) but it isn't usually that much. It has to be replaced with water via the filling arrangement . That may be leaking a bit all the time, which would also lose you some water. Some systems go a year or two between topping up, some only a couple of months.

thanks for your reply.

I have spoken to my installer who is coming back this afternoon to take a look. He said that it sounds as if there might be a leak somewhere if it is losing pressure.

I hope I don't arrive home later to find my house soaking!

Sponsored Links
Be thankful he's coming back - all too many would be "too busy".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back