Worcester 28i rsf no ch or hw, relay 1 on psb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi To everyone!
I'm going to cut this problem very short as I see from this forum loads of people have issues with the pcb on the 28i ... as I do. I have however notived it's always relay 1 that burns out on the 2 pcb's I've fitted. My question is what does replay 1 control please?

I fitted a new pcb last night and had hw and ch all evening (timer on combi set to conastant) Went to bed, set timer and put on auto. Woke up to noise from my combi (fan running) but no flame showing through spy hole. Powered of at mains, set to constant, applied power from mains .... fan comes on, click from combi, ignitors firing but no flame. I took out the pcb and compared to the old pcb .... both relay 1's burnt out .......

I'm thinking a component in the combi is being activated by the relay but for whatever reason the relay is not disengaging .... ?!?!?!?! I am assuming it is not the pcb or relay at fault but a component further "up the chain" causing the relay to fail/burn out because the component is continuing to draw voltage???

I'm not a central heating engineer but the ones I have called seem stumped ..... I've given this a couple of hours logical thought and also can clearly see relay 1 burnt out. Seems simple to me .. so whats failing?

Many Thanks
Phil.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back