28i fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Have a fault with a Wocester 28i junior SE.
No heat or hot water.
When turned on at Mech timer pump runs but fan does not, if i turn timer back to '0' fan runs? if then turn to constant setting boiler fires for a short time but then fan shuts off and flame goes out, tries to relight a few time which it does sometimes then after a short time off again, With cover off, fan does not run when on unless A.P.S is activated manually, then fan runs and boiler fires, obviously cant tell for how long as it is shut down instantly.

Do you think this is a fan relay (PCB) fault ??

Thanks for anticipated god like replies :D

Sponsored Links
As you should know we only give advice on gas/combustion related matters in the CC part of this site.

If you are not G-S registered you should not be opening the boiler!

If you are then ask in the CC where we will be happy to help you!

Tony

As you should know we only give advice on gas/combustion related matters in the CC part of this site.

If you are not G-S registered you should not be opening the boiler!

If you are then ask in the CC where we will be happy to help you!

Tony

Hi yes I appreciate this, I have given my details to CC and am waiting response, wanted to try to get it sorted ASAP that's all.

Many thanks

Yes, I know it can be annoyingly slow at times. You need to give your licence number as well as the G-S reg number.

But forum rules prevent us giving that kind of advice here!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes, I know it can be annoyingly slow at times. You need to give your licence number as well as the G-S reg number.

But forum rules prevent us giving that kind of advice here!

Tony

All details given, just play the waiting game, but fairly sure its the PCB

It does not sound very logical to me.

How do you know someone has not been fiddling and for example crossed some wiring or tubes?

Boiler was working fine until yesterday and no body else has looked at it, well im fairly sure, was just thrown by the fan coming on when set to off at timer, was thinking a three pole relay.

"three pole relay" ?

Never seen one of those in a boiler. Cannot even think of where I have seen one.

Thats if you mean a three position relay rather than a three pole relay!

Netaheat used a three pole relay.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back