Worcester 35 cdi -Leaking Filling Loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guyz
Ive come home today to find a leak in the filling loop.i think thats what it is called, its underneath, next to what looks like a white plastic filling nipple, its a brass screw, ive tried nipping it up with a screwdriver, it turns but still weeping, any easy way to stop it, i have some liquid ptfe here, but with the system being pressurized I think it may be a complete drain down of the system ??
any advice please
Best regards
Al

Sponsored Links
You may be lucky and have the boiler above the rads upstairs, in which case you would just have to drain the boiler itself and isolate the cold coming in. Then if you open a hot tap you can remove the filling loop assembly. If the boiler is downstairs you will either have to isolate the flow and return or drain off to a point below boiler.

thanks for that reply soey
the boiler is downstairs, it seems to be a largish brass screw thats leaking, rather than remove the whole assembly is it possible to remove that screw, and put a bit of liquid ptfe round it and replace to seal it

Having repaired my first diverter valve on one of these this week, and having to remove the filling loop to do it, I can't picture the large brass screw you are referring to :oops: . Hopefully someone who can will be along to advise sooner or later.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that reply soey
the boiler is downstairs, it seems to be a largish brass screw thats leaking, rather than remove the whole assembly is it possible to remove that screw, and put a bit of liquid ptfe round it and replace to seal it

probably but im also struggling to remember the bit you are on about.

be very careful if you do remove it as tightening a brass screw with ptfe into a plastic fitting is asking for the threads to strip. more likely if the boiler is old and the plastic has gone brittle.

Can't picture it. Is it a 35cdi I or II (two or one pump)?

yes m8 thats the one thats leaking slightly, sorry should have pointed to it on the pic like you did

Well it's the bypass screw. Exactly what's supposed to stop it leaking, isn't clear.

Worcsscrew2.gif

Whatever it is, very few parts of this model have bsp thread so teflon is not going to do the job

I take it to stop it leaking I would have to buy the whole assembly, not just the screw or the O ring, any one know is it an easy job to change it , or should I get a corgi guy in to sort it out
best regards
Al

Issolate the flow and return at the boiler, drain boiler at drain point (white nipple to the left), Remove circlip, unscrew and wipe dry use LSX re assemble and drip should be solved. Now cure the drip you will get on the drain assembly :LOL: :LOL: ;)

it might help if the pic provided by the OP and the schematic provided by chris were of the same part.

completely different boiler althought the principle may be the same, just in brass and not plastic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back