Worcester 350 display panel not working, no hot water or CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester 350 combi boiler has been working trouble free for the last 5 years but tonight it's decided to shut down. Nothing in display panel, no lights on (amber, red or green), pressure gauge is looking OK, but no hot water or CH when you turn a tap on. I've checked the power supply and OK, I've changed the fuse in the plug and OK. There's two little 2A fuses on the PCB's which don't look scorched but I haven't got replacements. I've got gas supply to the cooker so assume it's OK to the boiler but can't see any pilot lights through the spy holes but I'm pretty sure it's electronic ignition anyway and doesn't have pilot lights, may be wrong though. Is there a reset switch somewhere or any ideas what may be wrong?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I suspect that you are going to need an engineer to diagnose the fault which might well be the PCB.

This is a very old boiler now and perhaps time to replace?

Tony

There should be an overheat reset button at the top on the right hand side of the boiler if this clicks when you push it in then you have re set it if it doesnt click it hadnt activated in the first place also make sure that the pressure is between 1 and 1.5 bar they are the only resets you can do your self, but you would normally still have a display if either of these was the problem

thanks for the speedy response, every time I have it serviced the engineer says something very similar but it's difficult to replace something that is working OK, but maybe crunch time has come!

Sponsored Links
Huge thanks Ianmcd, just found the reset switch which looks more like the head of a screw, pushed it in, there was a definite click and the amber light came on. All working well now. No idea what caused it to trip, but will see how it behaves from now on. Excellent stuff, feeling very relieved!

absolutely quality boiler, don t dream of getting rid....i fitted loads and still maintain many...the only probs i get really are the low water press switch!

I had overheating on my Worcester 350 RSF off and on for a long time. It's annoying because the clock forgets its settings. Finally I got so mad with setting the clock that I fixed it by bodging in a couple of AA NICADs (see pic).

//www.diynot.com/network/billyswizz/albums/

The central heating sensor finally died. It 'looked' ok but had actually crumbled to dust inside. I changed it. I changed the overheat thermostat too, but mainly just for good measure. I am pretty sure that changing the central heating sensor (certainly changing both) cured my overheating problem for good. YMMV.

RIP my 350. The missus wanted underfloor heating so it came out last week. Some of the parts are now on eBay. It was it's final wish, that other 350s might live ...

Good job you did not appoint tony (not very aglie enough to reach a cut off device) to repair your boiler.

cheap as chips but not where aglie lives.

you have to laugh or or

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back