Worcester 350 knocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10 yr old Worcester 350. In the past 6 months I've had a constant rhythmical knocking that reverberates throughout the whole house, which only stops when I turn off the cold-water inlet to the boiler. Problem continues even with the electricity turned off. Service Eng from Nationwide has already replaced the hot water pump and says that the problem is not with the boiler. I have checked the whole house over and there are no leaks or tap problems. Central heating is fine. Please can you provide any assistance?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I dont really think that anyone can help you on a forum with so little information when a half competent fellow from some firm has already been there and failed to find the problem.

My advice is to get a competent person to diagnose the problem and depending on your relationship with them then if they are proved to have been incompetent then you can reclaim the cost of the competent person from them.

Tony

Water hammer? Could be fault on cold water isolating valve, although it's usually caused by float valves (ball valves in old speak).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back