Worcester 35CDI II pressure low then too high! Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have Worcester 35CDI II and over the last 6 months it sometimes looses pressure to 0.2 bar. I normally top it up and it seems to be okay.#

I'm not sure what the normal pressure should be and what it should be when on but I've set it to 1bar normal. When I turn the heating up the pressure has been increasing. If the thermostat temp is put up 1 to 2 degrees the boiler has to work for longer and the pressure has been going up to 3 bar. Is this too high? The other issue is when it is at 3 bar the boiler seem to leak. Well some drips of water come out of it. The upstairs radiators are not getting hot so I need to get it fixed. Any ideas on what I can do? pleae!Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the system is blocked so the water is not circulating .if the system is blocked which what it sounds like you will have to get it power flushed .if it was just the pressure problem I'd say it could be just the vessel blocked or the bladder buggerd but as some of your rads arnt getting hot it sounds like a sludge problem.

Hang fire on the blockaging fella, have you had anyone in to to check the expansion vessel at all?. you say the boiler is leaking but is it leaking directly from boiler or from the overflow(prv)? Having expansion issues can stop the system working correctly.

Hi Guys,

I was checking last night and some of the rads are warming up but not all. Some are stone cold. Downstairs seems to be fine.

I've not had anyone anyone in to to check the expansion vessel yet, I'ts going to be the next thing I do. Sorry I'm not too technical the leak was coming from the back part of the bilier. I spent ages trying to find it but was unable to pin point it. Where is the overflow(prv) is that the pipe going outside the house?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back