Worcester 35 cdi II

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help ! I've got a Worcester 35 cdi II which seems to be ovepressurising when there is a demand. When cental heating is off and no demand for hot water, pressure is approx 1 bar. When c/h is on pressure rises to 3+ bar and water leaks from pressure relief valve at the rate of about a bucketful every couple of hours. I don't think this is normal. I have checked the expansion vessel and there is about 1 bar pressure. Anyone any ideas please? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Did you check the expansion vessel pressure after releasing system pressure ?

This sounds like a typical expansion vessel problem.

First it might be a good idea to check for a water leak in the vessel by unscrewing the nozzle and letting out a bit of air. If water comes out it's bad news.

Assuming no water comes out, to check the vessel pressure the system pressure must be reduced to zero on the gauge.

Then connect a foot pump and inflate the vessel to the pressure recommended by the boiler/vessel manufacturer.
Now re-pressure the system and fire up the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Tried releasing system pressure to zero, checked and adjusted expansion vessel pressure. I then re pressurised system to 1.5bar and fired it up. With central heating on, pressure rose to 3 bar at which time the pressure relief valve opened and a steady trickle of water comes from the overflow. I checked again after about ten minutes and the pressure had dropped to 2.5 bar and the dripping appears to have stopped. Any ideas why the pressure gets so high that the relief valve opens?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back