Worcester 35DCi - no hot water and heating won't turn off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I hope someone can help. We had a leak in our boiler on Friday and the plumber replaced a part and fixed it (the leak was in a mains pipe and something had corroded - sorry for the lack of specifics). Since then our wall mounted thermostat doesn't control the heating. The heating stays on and only goes off when the boiler is switched off. Even when the heating dial on the boiler is turned down to the frost setting, the two radiators with no individual thermostats are still pumping out heat. The thermostat is a Honeywell and it's digital. The display is working fine and when I switch it on, it clicks as if it is working, and when I switch it off it clicks again, but doesn't put the heating off.

We also have no hot water. I initially thought it was because we had the boiler off overnight, but it's been on all day and still no hot water. The water runs lukewarm for a bit and then cold. When I put on the hot tap the boiler fires up and the green light comes on (and the numbers on the digital display on the boiler start going up and up) - but no hot water. The pressure bar is at 1.5.

We are new home owners and are not very experienced. I will call the plumber tomorrow, but I wanted to check whether we were missing something obvious, and if not, to get an idea of what might have gone wrong (and how much it will cost!).

Thanks in advance - much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I expect its a CDI !

But is it a combi or do you have a hot water cylinder?

Regardless, call him back.

It sounds as if he has disturbed something and that should be sorted at no extra cost.

Tony

Yes - CDI - sorry!

It's a combi boiler.

Thanks for your response - I'll call the plumber tomorrow - hopefully it's something straightforward. I did wonder if it was something he had disturbed.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back