Worcester 40 CDi - Fault

Neither of those symbols are shown in the MI that comes with the boiler on the R40 that I was looking at yesterday.

Is there a "better" version of the MIs that I could ask for with all the information in it?

Tony.

WB do service booklets for the CDi range old and new, you can either download them from their website or order them from WB literature line.

I will dig out the part numbers for you when I get minute as without them you are liable to end up with a set of instructions for danesmoor 18/25. I kid you not

absoloutly useless the WB literature dept :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Just a quick update for those of you who were kind enough to reply to my original post.

I down rated the appliance to 30kw but this did not cure it.

Worcester made a second visit yesterday (different engineer) and the heat exchanger was replaced...early days (it was an intermittent fault) but problem appears to have been sorted.

The system water was very clean when we drained down btw.

Impressive customer service from Worcester.

I cannot imaging a fault in the heat exchanger.

Did the engineer say what it might be?

Stand by for a possible return to the fault condition. Was anything else touched?

Tony

Engineer just said there was some debris in there causing the problem.

Nothing else was touched.

Sponsored Links
And something you correctly pointed out immediately after my original post Ben.

I would define that as nothing wrong with the heat exchanger itself but blocked by debris which is NOT the makers!

Very lucky they replaced it apparently under the warrantee as most ( all ? ) other manufactures would class that as an installation error and so it would be chargeable.

Tony

I must admit that I was a little surprised that the heat exchanger was replaced under warranty with no questions asked...Having said that, the sample that the engineer took from the system was honestly very very clean.

Worcester have a strategy of providing ( mostly ) a first rate service to customer's and installers and answer phones within 10 minutes and emails within four hours ( usually sooner ).

Oddly by contrast, Vaillant have for some inexplicable reason apparently chosen to downgrade their service to the point that their tech help lines are not answered within an hour ( massive cost and mobile phone batteries go flat ) and to NEVER answer any emails!

Now saying that on a public forum would usually result in an immediate call to me to discuss the problem. I am so confident that they will not bother that I am even prepared to let them call me free of charge after 1030 tomorrow ( 0800 018 8008 from an identified number ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back