Ideal Logic+30 DHW works but no CHS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler has developed this fault over the summer. Worked fine when CHS was on back in the Spring.
Pressure is 1.5
All valves are open - pointing up
Set to winter mode.
Boiler fires up but after a couple of minutes stop and displays pump overrun. No error messages.
Immediately under the boiler the CHS Return heats up before Flow.
Pump is running, I can feel it buzzing, and when bleed valve at front removed shows spindle going around.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Looking at other sites, the flow turbine sensor light isn't on. Should it be?

Flow on the left with pressure gauge. Return on the right with filling loop

Sponsored Links
Further googling...flow turbine is for DHW and sure enough comes on with demand

Does pipe get hot after the pump? How much further? Can you feel any heat coming into 1st, 2nd, 3rd... rads?

Sounds like circulation issues.

Edit: just read op again... from your description go with Agas as return to boiler is actually flow by the sounds of it!

Last edited:
Def connected the correct way, it worked up until this summer and nothing has changed other than turning it to DHW only. Return only gets hot for the first few inches, rather than pumped around
Am now investigating Divertors

Latest diagnostic...unit is in summer setting for DHW only. The Installer mode shows Diverter is in CH setting. I've removed it and there is signs of rust so I'm going to try replacing that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back