Worcester Boiler 24i Junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be pleased if anyone could solve a problem with a Worcester Boiler 24i Junior. With heating off the fan starts when a cold water tap is turned on.
The water pressure is ok and the boiler is otherwise ok. aggie

Sponsored Links
Has it always done this or has it only just started? Any other works done recently? Has your water supplier been doing any work?

the boiler is detecting a pressure drop on the DHW side (I know you said it was the cold) and then prompting a start.

This is more likely to be the way the piping is set up rather than the boiler itself. Especially if all other functions are okay.

There is usually an NRV (non return valve) in the boiler, this might be passing.

I would be pleased if anyone could solve a problem with a Worcester Boiler 24i Junior. With heating off the fan starts when a cold water tap is turned on.
The water pressure is ok and the boiler is otherwise ok. aggie

Looks like you have a dead leg

Sponsored Links
from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_and_licensure_in_engineering

The title Chartered Engineer is protected by civil law. However unlike Canada and certain US states the practice of engineering is not protected in law nor the use of the title "Engineer". So anyone in the UK can call themselves an engineer including semi skilled or unskilled repair people.

In what way is this relevant to the boiler problem? You are indeed a tit

May I just say, INDEED HE IS A HUGE TIT, he should go away and never come back, all his posts are along the same line i.e I'm an engineer and you're not, well Naff off

... all his posts are along the same line i.e I'm an engineer and you're not, well Naff off
Even if he is a chartered engineer, which I sincerely doubt, it would not make him a heating engineer, and he clearly does not have a clue about any aspect of heating.
Just another troll. :rolleyes:

The title Chartered Engineer is protected by civil law.
TIT is not, you TIT.
However unlike Canada and certain US states the practice of engineering is not protected in law nor the use of the title "Engineer". So anyone in the UK can call themselves an engineer including semi skilled or unskilled repair people.
You can call yourself an Engineer all you like, I'm of the opinion you probably nurse a 'semi' when you hear the word. BUT, is does not mean you are one.

You have the 'Doctor Drivel' affliction - of which the technical name is TIT.

There is usually an NRV (non return valve) in the boiler, this might be passing.

I dont know of any boilers that come with a nrv fitted to the cold water inlet, installation instructions normally say that if one is fitted (water meter ect)the hot water is stopped from expanding back down the mains pipe, if a nrv is fitted a mini expansion vessel should be fitted.

I dont know which boiler your talking about but its not the worcester 24i.

Many thanks for all the replies and advice. I have since recharged the central heating system via the charging link to 1.5 bar and it seems to have done the trick. aggie

Are you suggesting that Worcester usually fit an NRV but then sometimes ( unusually ) they dont fit it?

Why would any manufacturer want to fit one in the boiler?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back