Worcester boiler bleed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, happy new year. Wondering if any one could help with a Worcester green star 15ri I've recently moved into the house and bled the radiators as they were cold at the top but can't find anywhere to top the water pressure up or find out if the pressure is low, I presume it is low as some of the radiators when central heating has been on for an hour are still very cold and some are baking hot? I've taken the cover off to find nothing that's like my old baxi combo boiler Any ideas are appreciated thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 232
Sponsored Links
is there a fill up line like the one below in the pipework below your boiler?

filling_loop.jpg

Hi, it just has what looks like a drain pipe under the boiler

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 271
Is there a small tank in the loft ? It could be tank fed.

Sponsored Links
Its an Ri so unlikely to be pressurised which is why you cant find a filling loop or guage. Chances are theres a header tank in the loft feeding the heating system.

If system is unbalalanced try the FAQs section on balancing radiators.

P.S. Pop the case back on before the gas police turn up here.

Hi, thanks for the reply, there is a square tank in the Loft I didnt know that was for boiler, does that ever need filling or anything when I bleed the rads? Will try balancing them

There is an emmersion heater upstairs would that have a plastic square tank or would that use the same tank as the boiler?

There should be approx 4" of water in the tank in the loft, when you bleed the rads it will automatically top up the system for you (as long as there's no blockages). When you say immersion do you mean its there in a cylinder or just switch somewhere ?

This is the tank in the bedroom then there's a square tank in the loft, when we moved in we were told there's an immersion water heater incase boiler fails but it's expensive to run, so presumed this was it?

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 130
Thanks for all your help I've balanced the radiators and it's a lot warmer all over the house now+ found out about immersion heaters ( I thought it had its own tank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back