WORCESTER BOILER BLOWOUT

I hear what you are saying but the engineer did depressurise before checking the pressure vessell.
What I cannot understand is why the engineer who installed the system did not fit a valve on both sides of the filling loop. This makes it non-compliant with the regs as the loop cannot be removed.
If it had been done properly I would have removed the loop and saved myself £158 :mad:
At worst there would have been a drip at the valve.

Sponsored Links
i guess everthings working ok now and the vessel doesnt have any water in it.

you can check this by checking that no water comes out the valve when you depress it.

i guess everthings working ok now and the vessel doesnt have any water in it.

you can check this by checking that no water comes out the valve when you depress it.

Yes everything is fine now. Pressure not exceeding 1.5bar. No need to check for water in the air part of the vessel. The engineer already checked that anyway when he added some air to the vessel.

Only thing wrong now is loop is still connected!!
I will fit a shut-off valve myself later.

Sponsored Links
Many filling loops come with only one valve, relying on the check valves, built in to the boiler connection end, to stop water leaking from system whilst the braided pipe is disconnected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back