Worcester boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently had a Worcester 12i system boiler installed to replace old Baxi, my problem is that the built in pump will not shut off even when there is no demand ie no burner in use, it states in user manual that it should shut off after approx 3 minutes when there is no demand, is this a fault caused by bad installion or electrical installion, Many thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
The pump is intenal to the boiler as it;s a system boiler. So the overun is managed by the boiler. Best get the installer out to confirm a fault with boiler, and then get Worcester out under warranty.

Thanks for the reply, I have had the installers out 4 times now and they come up with new reason each time, latest is I must use it on the timer, this still does not work, intalled by houseing association gas fitters, so I'm stuck.
This is the condensing model fitted with seperate pump for dischatrge of condensed water.

thanks again.

Sponsored Links
This is the condensing model fitted with seperate pump for dischatrge of condensed water.

Thats why I asked whether it was the condensing pump.

Anyways is the 'system water' pump seperate to the boiler? Is it in the Airing Cupboard? Is it a Red Grundfoss Pump? Sounds like pump has been wired incorrectly.

On the face of it then its a boiler fault.

BUT its conceivable that if its been wrongly wired then it could possibly make the pump run all the time.

Make sure that you DONT get involved with sorting it out. Its a problem for the installers/manufacturers.

I am disapointed( but not surprised ) that the installers dont want to get it sorted out for you.

Unfortunately the calibre of people who do installations for HAs is generally very low!

Its not very nice but you will cause more trouble for them if you make your complaints directly to the HA and particularly stressing that they have wasted you time and made excuses!

Make a formal complaint if need be to the HA. Thats about the only way you can usually get them to do anything as that usually impinges on their performance figures!

Tony

Thanks for your reply Agile,
this installion is the result of a formal complaint to the HA, after 2 years of listening to a rattleing case and very noisy fan, now have to listen to a pump which runs constantly.

I know its faulty and i am sure they do, they dont want to call out Worcester to verify what is wrong because they will incur a engineers fee for something they should be able to correct.

regards Roy.

You obviously know rather more about this than you let on.

Most manufacturers charge whoever calls them if the problem is as a result of an installer's error ( as they politely call it ). I would call it incompetence and even ask how someone who might have just three GCSEs would be expected to understand something which is at the forefront of design technology!

Worcester, however, rather overcharge for their products and in return are very supportive of installers. regardless of their competence or rather lack of it. I have never heard of them making a charge in respect of a single installer error.

Tony

Ring Worcester yourself and get it sorted under warranty. Doesn't matter who calls them. Give them your details, the boiler serial number and your landlords details.

Sounds like the pump over run is faulty or wired incorrectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back