Worcester Bosch 24i RSF - Heat Exchanger Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on changing the heat exchanger on my boiler due to scaling up & severe lack of DHW.

Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of & any hints or tips that will make the job easier to do.

I have noted from the manufactures manual that I need to remove the fan assembly & hood, is that necessary as it looks like all connections are accessible without the need to remove anything above the heat exchanger.

Any help would be really welcome. :idea:

Sponsored Links
You have checked flow retrictor and filter are not partially blocked

You are unlikely to get any help on this site nowadays as its become a Corgi RGI closed shop for all gas related issues

If you believe that you are competent to undertake the work yourself and have all the necessary tools and equipment then you should still be able to source the service literature from the Worcester Bosch website ... If you are not competent then seek the advice of someone who is.

MW

Sponsored Links
Its one of the easier Heat enchangers to change and the manf inst. are pretty good if you follow them.

However you are ment to get the Corgi man to do this.

It is not a "CORGI closed shop" !

Its just that its inappropriate to give advice on gas work aspects on a public forum to anyone who is not known to be fully competent to undertake that work safely.

Tony

TonyNC
WHy do you think you need to change it?
I've completely successfully cleaned several, in situ. Yes I'm Corgi regd, but this work doesn't involve gas, so you could do it.
It's quite nice to watch as the flow increases! Would suggest you take out the flow restrictor while you're at it, because it tends to increase the water temp over the point where scale is deposited.

I've completely successfully cleaned several, in situ. Yes I'm Corgi regd, but this work doesn't involve gas, so you could do it.

That is not the CORGI view which is that the main heat exchanger is part of the gas train as the POC pass through it!

Tony

If I thought I could get this done for a reasonable amount I wouldn't consider touching it myself, but enquiring through the local giveaway paper I was being quoted £200 to £250 for swapping it out. Even for London prices I don't think that's reasonable but then again it was quoted as a days work !!!

Agile wrote:
It is not a "CORGI closed shop"!
Its just that its inappropriate to give advice on gas work aspects on a public forum to anyone who is not known to be fully competent to undertake that work safely.
And how pray tell are you going to establish competence on a public forum?

Whether or not its appropriate to give advice (and on what) is for individuals to decide ... This is a DIY forum and it would be good if you could try and remember it occasionally.

As I have said, to people with your mentality this site is a "Corgi closed shop" on gas related issues because in Tony World the only people who are competent are Corgi RGI's.

MW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back