Worcester/Bosch 28 Si II - front water press guage dropping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Folks,

I have been doing a bit of Electrical work in my services cupboard which also houses my Worcester Bosch gas central heating boiler.

I've notice a few times now that the Water presure guage on the front of the unit is a bit low , the red pointer is preset to 2 bar, but i keep finding that the pressure has dropped to about 0.5 bar. I have some kind of top up loop water circuit and have re-pressurised it , but it still keeps dropping again.

The unit is 5½ years old and covered by a monthly warranty scheme ( Nationwide gas care iirc) , is it worth calling them out over this. The Heating & DHW all seem to be working fine...

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a leak, tho expansion vessel worth a check if pressure rises to 3 bar and over whilst operating, water will be dribbling out of the safety to outside if the vessel is faulty. If pressure reasonably steady whilst operating then check for leaks! :D Red pointer dont mean much , it can be moved to act as a guide, pressure should be about 1 to 1.5 bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back