Worcester Bosch 280 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi . My brothers having problems with his boiler in as much as it keeps venting now i know the PRV needs changing but i also suspect the Pressure vessel is shot i take it there should not be water at the schrader valve on the vessel this happened 2 days ago it now kettles almost instantly on ignition i have verified there is no air in the system .

I suspect this system may have suffered a freeze in the recent cold snap what else could have been damaged diverter valve ect any ideas welcome i will be carrying out the repairs myself i have the ability and if needed have access to a corgi bloke so no worrys there .

Sponsored Links
Yes the pressure vessel sounds shot, see the FAQ on Boiler Pressure Problems.
Kettling is boiling noises, caused by scale in the heat exchanger waterways.
If it is boiling, check the pump's not stuck.

Yes the pressure vessel sounds shot, see the FAQ on Boiler Pressure Problems.
Kettling is boiling noises, caused by scale in the heat exchanger waterways.
If it is boiling, check the pump's not stuck.

Yes Pump I'll have to give that a prod tomorrow see if it is the guilty party could well be part of it but would it kettle so quickly if it was the pump still need the PV and PRV changing almost a case of is it worth it or is it better to replace the boiler completely

Pete .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back