worcester bosch 34 cdi pressure loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello guys.
need some info please. my boiler has started to lose pressure from 1 bar to zero over a 4 day period.

i have checked for leaks in the pipes and rads and not seen any obvious leaks.
checked the condensate pipe and there is dripping from time to time, think this is normal?

any info will be great before i call for a engineer.
cheers.

Sponsored Links
Condensate pipe drip normal . Check the prv . This will be a a 15mm copper pipe that's terminates outside

Turn power off to boiler overnight and put a bag over condensate outlet to see if it collects water if you have no leak from prv, are you using heating at the minute?

Thanks for your replies. The prv pipe is dry. I will turn off and put bag on the condensate bag tonight and see how it goes? Also, the heating is not being used at the mo.

Sponsored Links
I suggest you walk the system and check every radiator for leaks including underneath the valve caps. It doesn't take much to reduce a sealed system to zero in your average 2/3 bed house especially over 4 days!

Easiest way to eliminate system issues is isolate flow & return on boiler and leave overnight (you can still use hot water so leave the power on) leave 12/24 hours, if you have a drop its the boiler, if not open the flow & return and it should drop indicating a leak on the system.

thanks guys. I put a bag on the condesate pipe and turned the boiler off as advised by bazdaman and there was about 300ml of water collected over 9 hours. What's my next steps? Cheers

The heat exchanger may be under 10 year warranty, check your paperwork/speak to Worcester to find out. If not covered a fixed price repair from somebody would be your best bet or depending on boiler age then replace it.

I hope someone from Which? Magazine is reading this thread. Five star boilers my arriz....

Urgh... horrid luck. fingers crossed for you its covered. You will need a fully completed benchmark (at the rear of installation manual) for them to honour it which states it was flushed at the time of installation. Good luck

If you did as Baz advised and the boiler was non operational the entire time that bag was on the condense pipe then its pretty dead cert. As per Baz call Worcester with your boiler serial number (little white sticker normally on the front or under the flap) and ask if the heat exchanger is covered by the 10/5 year warranty. If you get a yes tell them the findings. They're likely to want to confirm diagnosis themselves in anycase.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back