Worcester Bosch 8000 Thermostat Modulation with Zone Valve Headache

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So the current plan is to have a 40kw 8000 with two zone valves, one to cover the downstairs wet underfloor heating which will have room thermostats and call the boiler via the wiring center. The second zone valve for upstairs radiators as a single zone with one thermostat. I'd thought about using the Bosch EasyControl for that purpose but my heating engineer says it wont work with needing to open the zone valve. Is there any thermostat that will work in this setup and still support modulation or will we need to settle for an on/off only thermostat? I really wanted to maximise boiler efficiency. Any help appreciated as the install starts next week

Sponsored Links
It'll have to be on/off, or go for a boiler which actually supports multi-zone modulating controls. Anything with decent OpenTherm will do it

It'll have to be on/off, or go for a boiler which actually supports multi-zone modulating controls. Anything with decent OpenTherm will do it
Any boiler suggestions? I thought the 8000 was a pretty good boiler, I had looked at the Viessmann 200

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back