Worcester Bosch boiler help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night I replaced the batteries in the Siemens RDJ10/RDJ10RF Programmable room thermostat for my Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i junior/28i junior boiler. SInce then my boiler will not turn on/fire up. I re entered all the correct info on the thermostat, and the black triangle is showing to indicate a call for heat, but nothing's happening. On the boiler itself, the blue light is on (the one that shows when the front of the boiler is closed) but when I press anything else, nothing happens. When I press the power button on the top left, the green flame light and the orange spanner light come on for a second, there's a few squeaky, slight groaning sounds, then nothing.

Please, please, please can you help because it's freezing.

Big thanks,
Angela.

Sponsored Links
Press spanner button on boiler for 10 secs. Boiler will fire in service mode for 15 mins. Sorry not sure on Siemens stat as I don't fit them. But do what I said an at least you'll get some heat, someone else may be able to help with the stat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your suggestions. Have read manuals, reset the thermostat as stated, but it's still not seeming to connect with my boiler - even thought the black triangle is showing.

Think I will just have to keep pressing the maintenance/spanner button every 15 mins, accept defeat and call a plumber out :(

You may have more success in resetting / re-pairing the 'stat to the receiver if they are close together. Take the 'stat off the wall and place fairly close to receiver then reset. Worth a try :D

Does the hot water bring the boiler on?
If so chanced are it's in its "waiting" period.

Is the LED on the RIGHT of the receiver, on?
If not, try the long button "set" - it might bring it on, manually. If the boiler then fires you "only" have a programming issue. We all love those :rolleyes:

Ther are two "waiting" periods.
If you do have the thermostat issue sorted it could still sit there for several minutes (up to 15 on some boilers, I forget this one) before starting to apparently work normally.

Also if you've used the "engineers" 15 minute firing thing, it may be too hot to come on "as normal" until it's cooled down a bit.

So give it 20 minutes...

( If you adjust the temperature on the thermostat transmitter end, you should hear the receiver end box click, and the right hand light come on/off, though that'll have a short delay as well)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back