Worcester Bosch Boiler Pressure

TJ1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester Bosch boiler pressure was set at 1.5 bar. When the heating is on it goes up to nearly 3 bars. I drained some water off and for a day or so it stayed steady at 2 bars when the heating was on.
Now it is up to 3 again when the heating is on and drops to just under 2 when off.
Has anyone any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
You may well have no pre-charge pressure in your expansion vessel.Boiler model would help.

My boiler is a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i Junior. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
As stated, most likely an expansion vessel issue.

To test it the boiler needs to be isolated & drained. Then you would use a pressure guage that's compatible with a schrader valve( same as a car).
It should specify in the boiler literature what pressure you should find but typically it's 1bar. If it's empty then use a bike pump to increase the pressure to the specified level. Whilst doing this the boiler is still isolated & the boiler drain open, with each "pump" expect a splash of water out of the drain valve. As a (very) rough rule of thumb I find about 200 pumps gets 1bar into the expansion vessel.

Then nip up the drain valve, flow & return back on(CH circuit) & re pressurise.

It's worth pressing the schrader before you start. If water comes out, the vessel itself has failed.

• Thanks
Reactions: TJ1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back