Worcester Bosch Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with advice please? had a WB Greenstar 37cdi fitted approx six years ago, had nothing but probs with it, lot's of new parts fitted - lot's of strong odours/smells coming from it
Recently pressure started fluctuating firstly going high - increasing over 2bar then dropping slightly, then rising again and then really dropped, boiler very noisy, wouldn't hold pressure and kept cutting out - advised to keep pressing re-set on boiler and keep it topped up, this was done for a few days until pipe leak found and fixed

Pressure now increasing up into red, with hot burning powdery soot smell throughout house, boiler temp still fluctuating and seems to take forever to increase - pressure can remain high with low boiler temperature.

All U9-U0 codes flashed then temp to 99 and back down again to late 60s/70s- can find no info on codes only to ring WB - rang and told heat exchanger, expansion vessel and PRV?
Does this mean the heat exchanger is frazzled? Does anyone know the length of guarantee on WB Primary Heat Exchangers
Initially kept being told it was sludge in system, considering the bulk of pipework was mainly new with new rads, new boiler fitted in different location I couldn't understand sludge?

Now I'm thinking limescale, build up, debris in the HE, passing through the system, and with the boiler possibly overheating with U codes this is causing the hot burning sooty smell throughout the house?

Any expert advice with suggestions/instructions how to correct would be much appreciated. Can't help but feel it's the HE frazzled and the only way to get rid of smell is to flush out full system and fit new boiler which breaks my heart.

I'm not a heating engineer/plumber or engineer minded, can't understand why the pressure was fluctuating to begin with (long time before leak) or whether the high pressure caused the leak? and then the low pressure caused it to keep stopping as not holding water if that makes sense?

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/conversa...di-u9-code.33179/#message-40183#ixzz51At08Ffe

Sponsored Links
Pressure issues are possibly expansion vessel or its connection but surely the filing loop letting by. No idea about the noises and odours, a bit vague.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back