Worcester bosch greenstar with hive. Not firing on demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had a nightmare few weeks with this boiler. I will try to be concise.
System - worcester bosch greenstar ri with unvented cylinder and hive thermostat

1st issue - water leak from tank. Got this fixed and boiler serviced at the same time
2 - fan went bang so was replaced.
3 - worked for about a week then fault code on boiler again. Rubber pipe at the top was split and replaced
4 - worked for 2 weeks but then no boiler igntion when hive called for heat or hot water
5 - hive seems to be working. When calling for heat/water lights up receiver and can hear the relay click. 2 port valves seem to activate
6 - 2 port valves for water and CH seem to operate when powered

Currenty if I turn everything off it might get the green ignition light on but then goes off. Im hoping its something simple and not the board or anything.

The boiler has worked fine with the hive in the past.

Is there a way to bypass the hive receiver to check the boiler is good And its not a faulty receiver?
Attached is a photo of the wiring for the hive
Cheers all

Attachments

• IMG-20231214-WA0016.jpeg
    IMG-20231214-WA0016.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Should be an override on the receiver, try that or join the live and hot water or heating together. If you have test equipment you can check for voltages, could still be motorised valves if not making microswitch

Tried bypassing the receiver as you described - no luck getting the boiler to fire
Tried a new motor on the two port valve no luck.
Tried the service overide on the front of boiler and nothing fires up. Small plastic insert on the bosch boiler to click it to max

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sounds like you might need an engineer then

Sponsored Links
Update - incase it may help anyone else.

I noticed the ignition light would come on for 15 seconds once the boiler had been off for a while. When it did the cylinder would get boiling hot and the boiler was cutting out within a few seconds. I suspected the pump was failing and not flowing water around. The boiler sensed the temp was too high with water not flowing and cutting out
£150 part but better than a £2000 boiler replacement

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back