Worcester Bosch Heatslave to Honeywell BDR91

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave 28/32 combi sealed system, previously controlled by thermostat and no timer.

Oil Consumption prompted me to zone my system with the honeywell evotouch in boiler heat demand relay mode, connected to the Honeywell BDR91 wireless relay, and HR80'S to zone.

I've put a link across the heat demand (thermostat) terminals on the WB greenstar, and wired the BDR91 to the CH terminal as a switched live.

All works fine. What's niggling me is, is it kinder to the boiler to cycle using the heat demand (thermostat) terminals whilst placing a link across the CH terminals to set to permanently on, or is my current set-up OK?

Apologies for a big Q on my first post, but first house, first project and hopefully many contributions to come :)

Sponsored Links
There should not be a link across the central heating thermostat in the boiler. That is what the wall thermostat should be connect to otherwise the boiler is running all the time.

Don't understand the rest of the post need diagram.

Thanks for the reply, it will probably only make sense to people familiar with the two devices in question. In case my post only makes sense to me this is a simpler explanation:

The Honeywell evotouch replaces both the controller and thermostat, and switches a single channel BDR91 Relay. Therefore the question is, do you switch the thermostat terminals or the Central Heating on/off terminals, or doesn't it matter? Whichever terminals are chosen to switch will require the other terminals to have a link across. Both work, but is one or the other better for the boiler in question :confused:

Doesn't matter as long as the boiler isn't running with no demand.

Thanks for the reply, it will probably only make sense to people familiar with the two devices in question. In case my post only makes sense to me this is a simpler explanation:

The Honeywell evotouch replaces both the controller and thermostat, and switches a single channel BDR91 Relay. Therefore the question is, do you switch the thermostat terminals or the Central Heating on/off terminals, or doesn't it matter? Whichever terminals are chosen to switch will require the other terminals to have a link across. Both work, but is one or the other better for the boiler in question :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back