Worcester Bosch Text Display Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Greenstar 35 HE Plus showing the fault code FC. I called Worcester who told me that the text display is faulty - in fact it was showing a blank display.

I purchased a replacement but the issue is still the same.

Could the issue be the connecting cable to the board - the new display did not come with one.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
did they tell you the display was blank, or did you tell them it said FC when it was in fact blank

Text display is blank but there is another 2 digit screen that displays the error code

Sponsored Links
I've been looking all over for some help/advice on this problem with my boiler. What I've learned is that is can be a simple solder that's worn/damaged and it can result in the connection being faulty.

We got 2 quotes for the part (a sort of CPU board with the welds/connectors). The part costs circa £270 inc vat, and then the rest is labour, and honestly - it takes nothing to put in. Just a sensible head, and a bit of tlc (ie you don't force it in and hope for the best!).

So, we bught the board, put it in ourselves and I'm sure you can do the arithmetic as to how much we shared given we had quotes over £400 !

It's really down to whether you know how to check and repair solders. If not, then speak to a local central heating firm (there are good ones out there!), and see if they will source/sell you the part only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back