Worcester CDi showing incorrect pressure?

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Worcester CDi configured as a system boiler into an S plan system. Only the heat flow and return are connected on the boiler, not the DHW.

Above my OSO tank I have a filling loop and pressure gauge. This pressure goes up when I open the fill loop and went to 0 when I drained the system.

So far so simple. However the boiler pressure gauge shows 1.5 bar regardless of the system pressure. I can't find a second fill loop anywhere. Any ideas what pressure this is showing and does it need any mantainance?

I can't see an external expansion vessel anywhere so I presume the boiler one is used.

Also, any idea why you might fit a combi instead of a system boiler? The tank is older than the boiler so it was never used as a combi.

Thanks

bsr

Sponsored Links
The boiler pressure guage has a very small diameter capillary tube and it is common for this to be blocked where it connects to the hydro block hense the pressure guage reads constant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back