worcester digistat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! i have killed my digistat. Everything was working fine and then I took the box off the wall as i was decorating - when i put it back the diplay was blank. The bolier works if i press the override button but the digistat re :cry: mains dead. I have replaced the batteries but no display appears. Is it dead and do i need to buy another? are they expensive? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Have you put batteries in correctly?

Have you closed battery compartment right first then left one.

You possibly need to reestablish radio link.

Have you got instructions for programmer and stat.

If not I have one you can use.

Seems odd that simply taking it off the wall should cause it to pack in.
Which model is it ?

I've got the DT10RF Optimising Digistat for my WB combi and I seem to remember seeing that it was possible to buy the sender unit separately, although it's unlikely to be cheap.

Make sure you follow the instructions regarding re-inserting the batteries.

thank you, but shouldn't putting batteries in
(left then right) make new display appear in the box, even if it doesn't talk to the bolier? - it is dead! red light is continuous on boiler. Very confused!

Sponsored Links
No its not dead

What clock have you got?

DT10RF

DR20RF

Programmer needs to be set for recieving signal from stat
Battery box must be refited right box first then left box

stupid question alert! how do i know which type the box on the wall just says wocester digistat :rolleyes:

Right then lets try another way.

Go onto worcester bosch web site,

Open gas boiler litrature then chose any boiler eg Si or Cd1,
There you will see a list of programmers and stats.
Find the one that looks like yours then let me know the model.
Should be able to bring stat back from the dead :LOL:

very confused!!! they both look like mine. my boiler is a 24cdi :oops: :oops:

try following

RED LED CONTINUALLY FLASHING
This denotes that the batteries in the Digistat unit are approaching the end of their life (see Battery
replacement).
RED LED CONTINUALLY ON
This denotes that the receiver has been unable to receive a radio signal from the Digistat unit. This
may be caused by the batteries being dead (see Battery replacement) or some temporary interference
with the radio signal.
To re-send and test the signal, go to the Digistat unit. If the flame signal is visible on the display, press
the “–” button until it disappears. If the flame symbol is not visible, press the “+” button until it
appears. If the radio signal has been successfully transmitted and received, the red LED will flash for
seven seconds then go off. If the red LED is still on, “learn mode” may have been selected by accident.
To correct, open both Digistat battery drawers and wait for the display to fade, close the right hand
drawer followed by the left and re-programme the Digistat with your desired time and temperature
settings.
If the red LED is still on, there may be a poor batery connection inside a drawer (perhaps due to a
leaking battery). Clean contacts. If problem is not solved the fault will require the attention of a heating
engineer/electrician.
MANUAL OVERRIDE
In a fault situation, the heating can be manually switched on and off by using the “OVERRIDE” button
on the receiver, even though the red LED will stay on until a satisfactory signal is reinstated.
Once the receiver receives a satisfactory signal again, it will automatically reset itself for normal
operation.

P.S. From memory, I'm fairly sure that you should expect to see a display on the stat, even if there is no active link between the stat and receiver (provided the batteries are installed correctly - ie. in the right order)

Edit - from Gremlin's post, it looks like the DT20RF behaves in a different way to the DT10RF so please ignore !

Got a bit confused on this, thought it was a new Cdi :oops:

Posted instructions for older 24Cdi see what happens :)

I think it is time to call a plumber - the box has no readings on it and i have changed the batteries twice and opened and closed drawers in correct order. The connections in the drawers do seem loose. i think it has trult died.

Thank you for your help :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back