worcester greenstar 12Ri/ 24Ri

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having been away for a few days, i returned to find my boiler not working. it is a worcester greenstar 12Ri/ 24Ri, reasonably new based on what i was told by the previous owners of the house.javascript:emoticon(':confused:')

the time display was not visible, and both the green and blue indicator lights were off. i tried changing the fuse which incidentally was 13amp although I was told by a plumber this should be 3amp. The fuse was not the cause of the non-functioning boiler.

I tried switching the master switch off and then on and re-set the thermostat but it made no difference. I am surprised by the sudden failure and would appreciate if someone can help?javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
Thanks
Toad33

:confused: :confused: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
If the fuse is not the problem, and you have power to the socket/fused spur, then you need a RGI to check the boiler and or wiring, depending on how your system is wired.

thank you. is the boiler anyway attached to the fuse box? i ask as the plumber had been working in that area a few days before and wondered if something may have been dislodged? there is a lot of wiring in that area (as expected) but am wondering what you are referring to by power socket

the fuse switch i checked was in the room at the back of the boiler and is literally a switch with a fuse. what is the fuse socket you are referring to? :rolleyes:

If you got one of these socket with a fuse in it, check that you have power to it, not just that the fuse is ok.

If the boiler is powered through a heating wiring centre then you that is something different.
[/img]

Sponsored Links
1. Photo would be handy.
2. Is there any sign of 230V on the boiler?

thought i had this problem resolved when the boiler started to work after we replaced a fuse (2 amp) in a box behind the boiler that leads to the timer (set heating/ water). we then replaced the 13 amp fuse in the isolation switch with a 3 amp (as 13 amps seemed too high). everything looked promising. the readings came back on and the boiler worked.

however, i was told that fuses usually go if there is something else wrong. sure enough the boiler went again.

now i am really confused and have no idea how to trace the problem. is it possible the pump is the problem. we did not use the boiler as we went away for a few days. should i try to replace the fuse again and try and keep the boiler on to activate the pump?
:oops: :oops: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back