Worcester Greenstar 27CDI losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basic question really and semi-covered in previous historic topics

The Greenstar 27CDI combi boiler has been losing pressure over the last few weeks and we're having to get it topped up every few days

All internal pipework appears to be fine and there is no evidence of a leak from the overflow or pressure relief valve, although I've attached a plastic bag now just to double-check. Given the amount of water being lost it would be obvious if it were leaking in the house

Engineer has confirmed that it looks like the Heat Exchanger is the issue but wants to confirm the problem by isolating the boiler for a day or so, to confirm

Given the current weather, the fact we have young children and the fact that I'm a keen runner, the absence of heating or washing facilities for any length of time is difficult, so it's been left up to us when we decide to check rather than the engineer doing it

I know the 2 isolation valves are at either end of the boiler and can be turned using a screw driver

However, they are pretty stiff and before I start twisting them back and forth, which direction should close off the valves, is it clockwise or anti?

I think we could probably get away with turning off the heating early evening on Saturday and letting everything cool down before topping up the boiler and isolating it and then we're out most of Sunday, so that should given it sufficient time to establish whether this is the problem before we fork out £350-£400 to get the HE replaced

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back