Worcester Greenstar 37CDi - Luke Warm Water Only -heating ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

OK, woke up today to have a shower and noticed the water isn't as hot as it should be, so put boiler on full water heat and still wont get any hotter, the flame light comes on and temperature on display increases, eco mode is off too.

I checked the heating and the rads go very very hot when i turn the TRVs up to max so they are working fine.

only commissioned on the 26th December 2011! i have WB 5 year warranty too.

model: Worcester Greenstar 37Cdi Gas Combi

any ideas on what could be wrong? been working fine before.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Couple of questions...

1. Do you have a thermostatic shower?

2. Do you have good hot water elsewhere like at a kitchen tap?

Carl

Couple of questions...

1. Do you have a thermostatic shower?

2. Do you have good hot water elsewhere like at a kitchen tap?

Carl

Thaaks Carl

the shower we have at the moment like one of these:

not sure if this a thermostatic shower?

we do have a new thermostatic shower with one of them big square heads in our downstairs bathroom (which i have not tested today), the downstairs bathroom hot tap also runs luke warm

i have tried 3 different taps and all are the same, only luke warm water at best, normally the water should be very hot to touch

the only thing i did last night was move the flue up a little as it was horizontal and causing water to drip (as a temporary measure) from the outside as the plumber needs to come back to seal the flue in properly.

i can now hear the condensate water from the flue run back into the boiler, is this right?

i left the kitchen tap on for 5 mins and didnt get up to temp

thanks again mate

No problem...

I am very concerned you said you've moved your flue up as it was dripping. It sounds like the flue hasn't been sealed up outside and your gas engineer should never do a temporary job on a flue!! If Gas safe knew you were left with an unfinished flue or flue left in a dangerous state, they would go crazy!!

If the work is still in progress then he should be sorting this out for you!!

Since you've mentioned it's the same at all the taps, it points to a boiler issue.

You really should get the guy back and check he is registered when he returns to fix this.

Sorry to sound like an arse but a registerd engineer who valued their registration would never leave you like this. I hope you get sorted soon.

Carl

Sponsored Links
thanks mate,

just got in contact with the plunmbber hes coming today hopefully

will get it all sorted

just out of interest how long does it take for Gas safe to come out for a inspection? says 3 months on their site.

To be honest I don't know as I've never asked them to come out.

Give them a call on 0800 408 5500.

Found the issue! We have a shower bidet fitted in our new bathroom and it was left on in the hot "on" position which is thermostatic. This was causing the water not to get hot

Turned this off and wala hot water, is this right?

Still need the fitter to come to sort the flue out!

You may be getting a bit of cross flow. It is possible the mains was pushing through the bidet tap and pushing mains water into the hot system, therefore, cooling it down.

A long shot but dificult to say without having a look. Perhaps the non return valve is knackered in this tap or not fitted.

Get your plumber to take a look.

Sorry cant be of more help.

You may be getting a bit of cross flow. It is possible the mains was pushing through the bidet tap and pushing mains water into the hot system, therefore, cooling it down.

A long shot but dificult to say without having a look. Perhaps the non return valve is knackered in this tap or not fitted.

Get your plumber to take a look.

Sorry cant be of more help.

Again many thanks for your help mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back