Worcester greenstar 4000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so I had this boiler fitted yesterday, now there seems to be a couple of problems with it.

When I turn off the cold tap I get a big whooshing noise like water is rushing into the boiler, I've tried turning all the taps on to see if I can get an air bubble out and nothing.

Also one of my radiators only seems to go hot if I turn the other ones down, is this something that will settle in time?

Thank you for any help.

Sponsored Links
We had a greenstar 4000 fitted last year and I don’t recall these issues. Definitely get the installer back to check

First port of call is to contact your installer as mentioned above. Pointless scratching your head until they have looked at the issue.

Sponsored Links
Also one of my radiators only seems to go hot if I turn the other ones down, is this something that will settle in time?

Possibly there is still some air trapped in the system, and once thoroughly bled it will resolve itself, but it could also be due to lack of balancing of the radiators.

Was it a like for like install or converted from a hot water cylinder? Also does the boiler fire up when you close the cold tap?

Was it a like for like install or converted from a hot water cylinder? Also does the boiler fire up when you close the cold tap?
Yes it was a like for like, and yes was firing up when close the cold tape, just the one in the kitchen though, but we have manage to sort that. Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back