Worcester greenstar utility 18/25 oil intermittent spark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The oil boiler - Worcester greenstar utility 18/25 is being temperamental when firing. I think I have narrowed it down to spark not always being present. When it fails to start often hitting the reset will get the boiler going but if not and I remove the photocell then I can't see a spark.
Giving the boiler a rest seems to fix this. Sometimes it behaves for a day but not normally longer than that. I recently had the tank filled with oil and the boiler was fine for a week but I think this is a red herring.
Couldn't see any lose wires

I thought maybe a control box issue (Bentone DK0 970) or maybe an ignition transformer (Danfoss EBI4 052F4030)
Visual inspection of both looks ok, no damage or swelling. Or maybe something else?

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes. Covering the cell with my hand. Sometimes I will remove the cell, cover the end with my hand, see that the boiler is sparking then place the cell back in and it will fire. It's just intermittent.

The EBI can sometimes give intermittent spark.
I usually fit a new one from van stock and see if it cures the problem !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back