Worcester highflow 3.5 BF- Auto Air Vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,
There is always drop of pressure in the system, when I fill it to 1 bar, then a demand for DHW and CH is made, the pressure build up gradually as the system heats up and the pressure gauge registers over 3 bar. I also noticed that the Auto Air Vent leaking very hot water from its little black cap. One week later the pressure gauge reads 0 bar when the system is cold and around 2 bar when the system is hot.
My questions are:-
Is this normal?
Is the Auto Air Vent faulty and needs to be replaced?
Does this effect the demand for the DHW as the system shut down sometime closing the gas valve when there is a demand for DWH only?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Bengasman,
I can not understand what you mean, please explain more.
[/quote]

Sponsored Links
bengasman,
Many thanks I am going through FAQ now, I understand I need to replaced the expansion vessel OR recharge it. Do they come pressurised from the factory?
I still can not understand what Auto Air Vent is leaking even when the pressure is below 2 bar. Would make any difference if I block the little hole at the top of plastic cap.

Aav leak did not register with tired and limited brain. If it leaks, replace it. need to isolate and drain boiler first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back