Worcester TR2 alternative

pnd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.
we have a Worcester greenstar 30 he plus boiler with a Worcester tr2 thermostat. i am looking for an alternative to the tr2( keep getting a8 every time the tr2 is adjusted), wireless is an option.....thanks for any help:cool:

Sponsored Links
hi.
we have a Worcester greenstar 30 he plus boiler with a Worcester tr2 thermostat. i am looking for an alternative to the tr2( keep getting a8 every time the tr2 is adjusted),does anyone have any idea which one i should buy? wireless is an option.....thanks for any help:cool:

why not just sort whatever is wrong with the current setup? according to WB there is no alternative to the tr2, even though the instructions show alternatives if you have a boiler with text display it might be unreliable.

hi nickso.
i think the problem is the tr2. everytime we adjust the temp, the boiler reads a8 call service. the thermostat isnt that old 18 months or so.
not very reliable so i was looking for a different one
..cheers.

Sponsored Links
Tr2 works a trick with greenstars HE PLUS if installed correctly. Chances are there is something not quite right. They are very sensitive, bit like me really, and can pick up signals from external sources. How have you connected the unit?

The tr2 needs 1.5mm cable according to the installation instructions.

A8 refers to a comms break. This could also be mains borne interference; it is highly unlikely that TR2 was tested with the current wireless routers etc, because they hadn't been invented.

If parts are no longer available you could take all the controls off and replace with standard controls, eg Honeywell.

For now, I would take TR2 off the wall and use a new short cable direct to the boiler. If the problem persists this narrows down the likely suspects. If it works OK, your cable either has too much electrical resistance, or it is picking up interference. Rerouting or a screened cable would solve this.

Ive had a 30 HE and TR2 working for near 4yrs without fault, and yes it is on a screened cable.

cheers for the replies. tr2 has been working perfectly until the last week or so. nothing has been changed. i will get the plumber to test it with a short wire....thanks again..

hi. the tr2 was tested with a different wire and the results are the same a8 but very intermittent. it looks like it is the top control knob at fault, when it is switched from say manual to auto. so it looks like i could be looking for another one. :(

hi bengasman.
cheers for the reply, i have just tried the tr2 again with the router turned off and its the same "a8". i think its the top control knob because it only goes wrong when this is switched from man to auto or vice versa :?:

could be of course the knob.
tr2 is prone to pick up things from any wireless signal, any neighbours, as well as parallel power cables

maybe i will have to forget about using a tr2 room thermostat if they are that much trouble. i will look for an alternative..cheers :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back