Worcester24I flame extinguishes randomly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
I take it the radiators do not heat up as the boiler cuts out within several minutes ?? Does the boiler go to lock out and need re setting ?

Hi Terry thanks for replying Yea the radiators are hot - so long as the flame stays on long enough which it does in general - for example it stayed on last night for 30 minutes before extinguishing - didn’t come back on - till I reset the boiler - I’m not sure what “lock out” means - sorry - when I turn hot water tap on flame comes on no prob -

Sponsored Links
Mornin Tommo ,lock out is when the boilers internal safety system detects a serious fault and shuts down the boiler. You then have to " re set " before it will do anything. So ,when central heating goes off ,you go to boiler and what EXACTLY do you do to get it to function. ? How often does the fault occur ,every day , two / three times a day etc. Your domestic hot tap water ,if you run tap continually ,say to fill a bath, is all OK on that score ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back