Word to Powerpoint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to Powerpoint.
I've got Word files of teaching notes I want to put up in Ppt.
Pages have moderate amounts of layout stuff like bulleted lists, diagrams etc.
When I Import Object (whether .doc or as .rtf) it completely screws up the pagination, misses out the drawings, etc.
This is old Powerpoint 2010, and even older Word.

Any suggestions?
I guess I can do screenshots like this one and change the wording and do another screenshot, etc, but there's a coupla hundred pages, which each have to be taken through Photoshop and
cropped.
Thanks
Untitled-2.gif

Sponsored Links
You could try pasting from Word into Powerpoint while Powerpoint is in Outline mode. You will probably need to bring the drawings across.

Could you reformat the document in Word to Landscape page format and then view in full-screen view?

And you need to change satellite TV to traffic light :)

WJEC ... that brings back memories.

Outline Mode in PPt - thanks. I'll try reformatting the Word file too.

change satellite TV to traffic light
I hadn't noticed that! That's theirs, not mine!

I found I've volunteered myself to help a teacher with 13 year olds starting Electronics GCSE. Am I mad?:eek:

Sponsored Links
:)
It's about "systems" at this level - the "conceptual" ones always work...

There's a diagram for central heating too. It says normal radiator thermostats turn the boiler on and off :whistle: .
We can't go confusing the little dahlings with the facts.

. . . And indeed as far as I know, "pressure sensors" went out with the ark, they're all inductive loop sensors now.
It might be about "systems" but it should still be correct surely?
I realise it's what you've been given to work with incidentally.

You're probably right. "Learning opportunities"?
I suppose they use coded ones too. "Look into it for homework, then" ;) .
I was a Gas Assessor until fairly recently. There are lots of anachronisms in the books for that, apart from mistakes. We wondered whether they were put there on purpose, so if all the blokes got all the answers right, something was fishy.

I'm expecting there to a difference between middle aged Homer Simpson lookalikes who know it all already, and 13 yr old girls. What's a "13 year old girl", anyway? There weren't any when I was a lad.
Wonder if I'll need my home-made tazer, to demonstrate....

:)
It's about "systems" at this level - the "conceptual" ones always work...

There's a diagram for central heating too. It says normal radiator thermostats turn the boiler on and off :whistle: .
We can't go confusing the little dahlings with the facts.

When I was 13 I was quite capable of understanding a standard central heating wiring system. It's a lot simpler than either the cardiovascular system or the nitrogen cycle, both of which had to be drawn and labelled from memory.

Was that W, S, Y, C, C+, S+... MOMO or spring return valves?? :)
I can still do the Krebs cycle or the protein paths in the Golgi apparatus. (Probably :cautious:). But I don't think I've been called out on a Sunday night to fix one of those. Funny how you remember stuff you're interested in, or that'll drop you in doodoo if you get it wrong. Latin grammar otoh - was 3 years of wasted life!

These are supposed to be well-behaved kids, it's a "good" but non selective school, and these are "keen students " taking an extra course. It'll be interesting to see. I'm not the most brat tolerant. A bit like an ex-plumber we had teaching when I did NVQ3 (at advanced age). One kid's phone rang so teacher smashed it to bits with a length of iron barrel. He had to go back to bogs and bathrooms after that, the yob's mother wanted to sue for emotional distress.

I stopped using Power Point years ago I could just not see the point it was so hard to manipulate the pictures and you needed to install power point on the computer that was to give the display. I use Picturestoexe so much easier to use and once created you save as a .exe file so the program does not need installing on the computer your showing the slide show on. It has become quite an art to make AV's (Audio - Visual) as they are called the program allows stills, movies, music and speech with zooming in and out it is very similar to flash. The finished presentation looks so much better.

As to satellite TV traffic lights
I think this is the closest by Peter Sellers? Start at around 3:30 to hear about the changing lights.

Sponsored Links
Back