Workman painted straight over mouldy wall

T05

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With stain block primer without first disinfecting. Council contracted company.

I pulled them up about it but they claimed it would stop the mould from coming through. He knew I knew he was wrong when I went into detail about how it should be done. They then said they'll do the rest of my walls by cleaning first with a proper antifungal biocide. At this point I'm not confident enough to even let them do that.

I would usually clean it myself but this area was particularly bad.

The mould was pretty thick and was giving us health issues.

I'm worried he has just 'locked' the mould in.

Best way to rectify?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Painting will just hide the staining, unless the cause of the mold, poor ventilation, is addressed, then it will return.
Council will use cheap contractor with inexperienced labour force.

Painting will just hide the staining, unless the cause of the mold, poor ventilation, is addressed, then it will return.
Council will use cheap contractor with inexperienced labour force.

The cause of the problem has been addressed, I'm just worried about the existing mould.

You're definately right about the contracting.

Sponsored Links
I would not have thought they needed to go that far, just scrub/wash/sand off all the primer & then treat it properly before re-priming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back