Worn mixer tap head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a fairly old fitting on my bath, and today the bath mixer tap head became so worn that it is turning without gripping the inner tap, so I can't turn it on using the handle.

Everything else with the fitting is fine, it's just the knob which goes on the fitting that is worn (at the moment I've removed the knob and I'm using a wrench to turn it on in the morning!). I don't want to replace the whole fitting as I assume I should be able to find something fairly cheaply to fit on top of the mixer to enable me to turn it on. However since its a generic fitting (not branded), I can't find something at any plumbing suppliers which will fit (I could glue it, but that's a last resort).

Any ideas of where I could find something which would do the trick would be greatly appreciated (even something I could glue into the existing handle to grip the fitting would work)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris.
I'll try and get a picture up with dimensions when I get home this afternoon. I struggled to find exactly what I wanted on that site, but it could well have the solution for me, it's just not obvious to a non-plumber like myself :)

Please find the images attached. The first 3 show the handle with the worn fitting. The last two images show the inner tap on which the handle is supposed to attach. I can turn it with an adjustable wrench set to 14mm.

Sponsored Links
Anybody have any ideas? I'm going to glue this on the weekend if not :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back