worried about grey stuff found

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i have just started boxing in a fuse box but i'am worried about some grey foam like stuff ive found its behind some plasterboard,its has the consistency of oasis the stuff you put your dry flowers in.I am concerned this grey absostos to look at it looks like cement.please let me know your thoughts

Sponsored Links
Sounds like Celcon block. Failing that, something like Kingspan.

Sponsored Links
They didn't use grey foam or plasterboard in those days. Never heard of grey asbestos anyway. What is it with people these days panicking about asbestos and then getting the fags out and beer in.

iam not sure what your tone is all about, but anyway ive got a new born on the way an want the house safe, and no i don't smoke.Maybe its the horrible death that worries me?

If you have any doubts about asbestos then simply just don't touch it and you will be fine and if you are really worried then call in an expert to remove it

iam not sure what your tone is all about, but anyway ive got a new born on the way an want the house safe, and no i don't smoke.Maybe its the horrible death that worries me?

Road fumes are far more dangerous. Stop panicking - it's completely overblown. It's only dangerous to those of us that work on houses.

If you have cavity walls (unlikely in your case unless it's in a more recent part of the building) then it could be old style foam cavity wall insulation which oozed out of a gap in the brick/blockwork when it was being installed.This has the same appearance and texture of oasis.

could it be some kind of fixer foam ?
or similar they've used to fix the boards?

a photo would go down really well :)

A wild guess but He may have found out in the 18 months since asking this question ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back