Wrong colour monocouche - how to fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So the builders told me their subcontractor was going to use Monocouche XF Standard from Monocouche Render Systems. I ordered some samples and chose ivory, which is basically light cream. The subcontractor turned up on site and got about 40% of the render on and scraped back before breaking up for Christmas. I'm not living onsite so I've only just seen the result. It looks very smart, but they've gone and used Weber Pral M in ivory, which is more like sandstone in colour and doesn't look right with the slate grey roof or the grey paving we have planned. This is on a bungalow so the roof / wall colour coordination is more important than perhaps with a house. If I knew they were going to use Weber I'd have told them to go with chalk.

The question is, how easy is it going to be to remove the render to put this right? The substrate on the part they've done is newly-laid medium density concrete block.

Would painting it be a viable option even though it defeats the point of using monocouche?

For info, I've attached the 3 colours for comparison.

Cheers,
Nomis

Monocouche XF Standard Ivory

Weber Pral M Ivory

Weber Pral M Chalk

Sponsored Links
Weber do their own paint. I've painted quite a few botched applications/repairs.

Not sure in practice how long before reprinting is required.

Give them a ring when they are open.

Yòu could render over it, but you'll have to make room for windows /doors on the reveals.

Painted and rendered areas might be the same colour now, but will weather differently.

Sponsored Links
if the colour is that important to you then you should say something, i wouldent go painting it because once painted it then needs redoing at some point so they have created a maintenance issue i would ask why they used weber when the spec was mono you have a couple of choices live with it or get them to change it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back